Safety razors are shaving equipment which has a protective device placed between the blade edge and skin. It has safety bars which push the skin down and tighten it up, allowing the blade to remove the hair smoothly. Once you have decided to use a safety razor, choosing the best double edge razor blades depending on the length and texture of facial hair, skin type, and skill level is very important to get the desired result. Since these types of razors require special skill set, you can see a detailed tutorial guide to use double edge razor effectively on www.thetrendspotter.net.
Some of the benefits of double-edged razors are:
1. It gives closer shave: Safety razor reaches closer to the skin as compared to cartridge razors, especially in areas like neck and under the nose.
2. It helps to avoid razor burns: The cuts, burns, and irritation caused on sensitive skin due to multiple times moving the shaver up and down to ensure you go with a grain. The cases of razor burns are higher in cartridge shavers then in safety razor primarily because the sharpness of the blade is more accurate and less prone to bacterial infection.
3. Trimming and edging becomes easier: Safety razor is perfect for sideburn and bread trimming and another minute detailing. A must-have device in your kit for personal styling.
4. Reduces acne after shaving: Acne is caused because of dirt and impurities blocked in your skin pores. Safety razors have sharp blades hence need not be repeatedly moved across the face causing irritation and inflammation in the open pours. Secondly, there is no clogging of dirt, hair particles and bacteria on the blade, unlike cartridge shavers, they reduce the chances of developing acne.
5. It is considerably cheaper and durable option than cartridge razors. Although electric shavers are high in performance, they are quite expensive. Hence safety razors seem to be an ideal choice for people with limited financial resources.
There are different types o safety razors available in the market:
• One-piece razors: These types of adjustable razors have a mechanism wherein the cutting head opens by slightly twisting the handle or pressing a given knob. These are popular because one need not dismantle or reassemble the entire body while changing the blade. Although these are tough to clean.
• Two pieces double-edged razor: It has a removable head which can be detached and fastened by using a knob on the lower part of the handle. These are much easier to wash.
• Three-piece double edge razor: Similar to the two-piece razor, it’s handle can be unscrewed from the base of the head. This makes the bar to attach to the top short head unlike two-piece double edge razor having a long bar.
• Closed and open comb head; A perfect choice for beginners, closed comb safety razor puts even and tight pressure on the skins and hence avoid any cuts. Open comb head has a small opening in the bar resembling with a comb, which is usually used by people with hard hair.
• Straight and slant bar razor: The straight bar design has the safety bar are fixed at 90-degree angle to the handle. The slant bar razors have safety bar at a tilted angle to the handle. These slant bar razors are mostly used for trimming subtle look.